Friday, December 17, 2010

Assignment nr 5: EUP Block

Blog nr 5 Conclusion EUP minor

This is the final blog which I need to write for the English assignment of the year 3 at AVANS Hogeschool Breda IBMS Studies. This blog needs to give information as well as a summary about the block European Union policies.
The minor EUP can be divided into two different main subjects. The course of the block European Union Policies, or EUP. And English. In this blog I will give comments and a review on both subjects. Due to two different happenings I have missed various classes  this year. After having a car accident which kept me in bed for over two weeks I have lost my grandmother after shortly after the EURO-Trip.
EUP
The subject EUP can be divided into a project and a knowledge-line, together covering 25 of the 30 points which can be achieved during the minor EUP. The project line is divided into 6 different group assignments covering all subject which are discussed in the weekly tutor group meetings. And an individual paper about a European related subject. My topic was about the “state aid granted to ING Bank” and the economic crisis. Together these marks need to give a mark for the project part of EUP. The knowledge line is more complex, next to an oral exam we need to complete three different written exams. One knowledge test and two midterm exams. Unfortunately, due to circumstances mentioned above I have missed two of these tests which I need to redo in the second week of January 2011. Overall I am expecting to pass the exams. All the exams which I have made came out sufficient and the mark for my presentation at EU today was an eight.

English
Next to the EUP course the English course had 5 study points which needed work to pass them. A debating and an written course. To be honest I am not really a fan of the English classes in general, but this period I really liked going to the English lessons. Mainly because I am a fan of political debating. Therefore I really liked the debating classes also subjects were actual and interesting which give the groups energy. Which made them enthusiastic and eager to win the debate. Especially the rebuttals could be energetic.

EURO-Trip
What I will most remember in about four years time will be the euro trip which we have done for this course. In these four days we have been in four different cities visiting different places where important European decisions were made, are made and will be made…

When arriving very early on a Monday morning (7:30), we went for Brussels to visit the European Economic and social committee body of the European union. After a really boring but interesting presentation we went to another body of the European union. Were we got yet another boring (proven by one of my fellow students who fell asleep) but yet interesting presentation. After that we went to the Hotel where I shared a room with Rogier, Stein and Joost. When we changed some cloting we went to a restaurant where we had dinner… After this we went back to the hotel where we where joined by other students, and we started playing some card game. This was very amusing!!!

The next day we went to France, Strasbourg  where we have visited the European Commission and European court of justice, especially the European commission was very interesting because Banki moon, secretary of the United Nations was there to give a speech. Later that day we went to Luxembourg were I was picked up by my nephew to take me home……   

Thanks for reading…. Ralph Poppelaars



No comments:

Post a Comment